When you try to activate an Organizational Structure, the system displays the following error message for some of the Cost Centers:
'Cannot change cost center XYZ (ABC); it is assigned to fixed asset' (XYZ stands for the Cost Center ID and ABC for the Cost Center name).
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Organizational Management Work Center.
- Click the Organizational Structure View.
- Expand the tree until Cost Center XYZ is visible.
- Select Cost Center XYZ.
- Click Edit.
You see the error message: 'Cannot change cost center XYZ (ABC); it is assigned to fixed asset'.
You try to delete/delimit a Cost Center (Validity) which has some Fixed Assets in the system. This is the expected system behavior.
To activate the Organizational Structure:
For each affected Fixed Asset, please follow the steps below:
- Go to the Fixed Assets work center.
- Select the Fixed Assets view.
- Search and Edit the Fixed Asset.
- Go to Master Data tab and Basic Data sub-tab.
- Under All Assignment Intervals selection, create a new assignment interval with a dummy cost center or any other cost center assignment.
- Then Save the Asset.
Now, you can change your Cost Center according to your settings and activate this Organizational Structure.
You can now go to the respective Fixed Asset Master Data and change the new Assignment Interval line created before from the dummy Cost Center to the old Cost Center.
cost center; fixed asset; org. structure , KBA , SRD-CC , Cross Components , How To