When you try to activate an Organizational Structure, the system displays the following error message for some of the Cost Centers,
'Cannot change cost center XYZ (ABC); it is assigned to fixed asset' (XYZ stand for the Cost Center ID and ABC for the cost center name).
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Organizational Management Work Center.
- Click on the Organizational Structure View.
- Expand the tree until Cost Center XYZ is visible.
- Select Cost Center XYZ.
- Click on Edit.
You see the error message 'Cannot change cost center XYZ (ABC); it is assigned to fixed asset'.
You try to delete/delimit a Cost Center (Validity) which has some Fixed Assets in the system. This is the expected system behavior.
To activate the Organizational Structure:
For each affected Fixed Asset,
- Go to the Fixed Assets work center.
- Select the Fixed Assets view.
- Search and Edit the Fixed Asset.
- Go to Master Data tab and Basic Data sub tab.
- Under All Assignment Intervals selection, create a new assignment interval with a dummy cost center or any other cost center assignment.
- Then Save the Asset.
Now, you can change your Cost Center according to your settings and activate this Organizational Structure.
You can now go to the respective Fixed Asset Master Data and change the new Assignment Interval line created before from the dummy Cost Center to the old Cost Center.
KBA , SRD-CC , Cross Components , How To