You are using identified stock in production. You want to consume identified stock based on FIFO rule .
Material Flow rule is not applicable in the make task . Consumption of goods in make task happens based on the Fixed Supply Area and Fixed Output Area of the logistics area, which is assigned to main production resource. So in general it is not possible to configure FIFO rule in make task.
However if you use Supply to Production process, then you can configure FIFO rule in production process, because source logistics area determination in supply task supports the material flow rule that are maintained at the site. So supply task will pick the identified stock from the source logistics areas based on FIFO rule. Then the target logistics area of the supply task will be the source logistics area (Fixed Supply Area) for the make task . This means that if FIFO rule is configured at site level for a supply task , this will be automatically propagated to the make task as well .
To maintain FIFO rule for the site follow the below steps .
- Navigate to the Supply Chain Design Master Data work center.
- Select the view Locations.
- Select the relevant Site/Location and choose the Edit Layout button.
- Choose the tab Material Flow and select the radio button Advanced Rule.
- Under the sub-tab Source, Enter, Sequence ID and choose Logistics Area Use as Storage.
- Under the header Details choose the button Add Row, enter the relevant details for the columns available. Select the value FIFO for the column Picking Strategy.
- Save the changes , and close the Edit page.
You have successfully setup FIFO rule for identified stock consumption in production task.
KBA , AP-PE , Production , How To