- Error: All the servers with CMS <Server Name>:<port number>, cluster@<server name>:<port number> and kind webiserver which host service <Service Name>, are down or disabled.
- When attempting to create a new report off a Universe in Crystal Reports, it fails with the error.
- Crystal Reports 2008
- Crystal Reports 2011
Reproducing the Issue
- In Crystal Reports, create a new report by selecting under the menu "File", "New - Blank Report".
- In the "Database Expert" window, under new connection, select Universes from the list of Available Data Source.
- Connect to the BusinessObjects Enterprise repository.
- Select the desired Universe in the list.
- It will then display the error:
"All the servers with CMS <Server Name>:<Port Number>, cluster@<Server Name>:<Port Number> and kind webiserver which host service <Service Name>, are down or disabled."
- This issue occurs because Crystal Reports cannot communicate with the Web Intelligence Processing Server to retrieve the Universe information.
- This happen when the Web Intelligence Processing Server:
- Is not running; or
- Is disabled; or
- Has not been assigned a dedicated port; or
- BusinessObjects Enterprise License key has expired.
- Make sure the Web Intelligence processing server on the BusinessObjects Enterprise server is started and Enabled by going to the Central Management Console.
- Assign a specific port for the Web Intelligence processing server by going to the Central Management Console.
- Confirm the license keys is not expired, because if it expires, servers disable themselves. If it is the case then perform the following steps:
- Got to the Central Management Console (CMC) and select "License Keys."
- Add a valid License key for BuisnessObjects Enterprise.
- Restart the Server Intelligence Agent (SIA) and enable the servers.
Crystal Report,connection to universe. , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or BusinessViews Manager , Problem