Error received when running Xcelsius dashboards: "To access external data, add a cross domains policy file to the extended data web server".
- Dashboard Design 4.0
- Dashboard Design 4.1
Reproducing the Issue
- Run a dashboard using QAAWS connection that is being served on a web server but refreshes from another server/domain.
- Place crossdomain.xml file in the root directory of the domain where the flash file is refreshing from.
The web service is not directed to the correct port number of the web application server.
- Login to Central Management Console.
- Go to Applications.
- Go to Web Service.
- Right click on Webservice and go to Properties.
- In the Access URL (http://server_name:port_number/dswsbobje), enter the correct port number of the web application server.
Crossdomain policy, Xcelsius. , KBA , BI-RA-XL , Dashboards and Presentation Design , Problem