When a dashboard with QaaWS data connection in exported HTML file is opened, it gets stuck on initializing window.
- Dashboard Design 4.0 Service Pack 2
- Business Intelligence 4.0 Service Pack 2
Reproducing the Issue
- Create a dashboard with a QaaWS query
- Export it to HTML file
- Open exported HTML file
By default, Adobe Flash Security prohibits locally stored SWFs from accessing external resources to prevent malicious content from being downloaded to your local machine.
Adjust your local Flash Player Security Settings to add your SWF location as a trusted site. The following example describes how you can allow any SWF on your C: drive to access external data:
- Right-click inside the SWF file and choose 'settings'
- Adobe Flash Player Settings dialog will appear.
- Click on 'Advanced' within the Privacy tab
- Your default web browser will launch and take you to Macromedia's Settings Manager
- In the Settings Manager, click on'Global Security Settings Panel'
- Make sure that 'always Allow' is selected
- Click on the dropdown box and choose 'Add Location'
- add: 'C:\' (without the apostrophes)
KBA , BI-RA-XL-DSL , Dashboards, design-time, design on multi-source , Problem