After performing a GR/IR clearing Run, you check the logs and the error message "Cannot Post Document; Debit and Credit Lines do not Balance" appears on the Messages tab of the logs. Furthermore there are a number of items processed with error with the same message on the Processed with Errors tab of the logs.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Inventory Valuation work centre.
- Go to the GR/IR clearing view.
- Select the GR/IR clearing run for which you want to check the logs, in the Details area access the run Logs Result.
- Within the logs view, go to the Messages tab, the error message Cannot Post Document; Debit and Credit Lines do not Balance is shown.
- Go to the Processed with Errors tab, there are a number of Purchasing Document Items which have not been processed by the GR/IR Clearing Run and appears with the message Cannot Post Document; Debit and Credit Lines do not Balance.
The error Cannot Post Document; Debit and Credit Lines do not Balance is to be put in parallel with a second error message visible in the GR/IR clearing logs on the Messages tab, Account Determination group <Group_ID>; GL account missing for <Sub-ledger>, which is in fact the real cause of the problem.
As some setups are missing for account determination, the system is not able to determine on which GL accounts, postings should happen for the Purchasing Document Items processed with errors during the GR/IR Clearing run.
Maintain the missing setups for account determination within the Fine Tuning activity Charts of Accounts, Financial Reporting Structures, Account Determination - Account Determination, and run again the GR/IR Clearing. The previous erroneous Purchase Document Items will be processed successfully.
KBA , SRD-FIN-INV , Inventory , How To