When viewing a report in the Visual Studio .NET WPF viewer the viewer just displays completely black.
- Windows 7
- VMWare ESX 4.0
- Visual Studio 2010
Reproducing the Issue
- In Visual Studio create a new Windows WPF application.
- Add the Crystal Reports WPF control to the form.
- In code set the ReportSource property of the viewer to your report.
- In the project properties check to see that the target profile is ".NET Framework X Client Profile" and not ".NET Framework X", where X is the framework version.
- Run the project and view the report.
The completely black viewer control is caused by the application's framework target set to be the Framework Client Profile.
In the project's properties change the target profile from ".NET Client Framework X" to ".NET Framework X" where X is the version of the framework being used.
blank, viewer, client, profile, WPF, Framework, VS, VS.NET , KBA , BI-DEV-NET , BI Software Development Kits (SDKs) - .NET or Other , Problem