Cannot combine invoice requests to create a single customer invoice.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Customer Invoicing workcenter.
- Go to the Invoice Requests view.
- Show All Documents.
- Select invoice request ABC and DEF (ABC & DEF represents the ID of the outbound delivery for which invoice requests have been created).
- Select the Follow-Up - Advance Creation button.
- Enter the required details and Finish the creation of invoice.
- Two separate invoices have created even though no split criteria is applicable for the invoice requests.
The reason for the invoice split is given by the extension field External SO Number in the sales order.
The extension flow for this attribute is defined that the field is part of the customer invoice header. Unfortunately the extension field is not
displayed for the invoice, but in the backend the attribute is filled by the underlying sales order.
You can follow the workaround below to avoid the split of the invoice:
- Restrict the the External SO Number extension field only to Sales Order and not define it for the Invoice (Anyway it is not getting displayed on invoice screen).
- Remove the extension field from the sales order screen and manually maintain the External SO Number in the Additional Information field of the sales order.
KBA , AP-CI , Customer Invoice Processing , How To