You cannot overwrite the requested date in a sales order which is partially delivered.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Sales Orders work center.
- Go to the Sales Orders view.
- Show All Orders and find sales order XYZ (XYZ represents the ID of the sales order).
- Edit the sales order and select View All.
- Select the Items tab.
- Select the line item ABC (ABC represents the ID of the item).
- Select the Details sub-tab.
- Try to change the requested date to future.
The system does not allow changing of the requested date field.
Once a sales order item is in process, the corresponding customer demand is released for execution due to which all the logistics relevant fields in the sales order are no longer changeable. This means the fields are already not changeable before even a delivery exists.
After a partial shipment the only option is to cancel the remaining quantity and create a new order item for it specifying the new date.
This is the expected system behavior and it is is working as designed.
KBA , AP-SLO , Sales Order Processing , How To