You are not able to assign a Sales Order to a project of the type Customer Project without Sales Integration.
Reproducing the Issue
1. Go to the Sales Orders work center.
2. Select the Sales Orders view.
3. Create a new Sales Order / you can select an existing Sales Order.
4. Click on View All.
5. Click on Items.
6. Click on Add Row.
7. Add a Product ID (i.e. Service) to the Sales Order.
8. Open the value help for the project task to assign to the Sales Order.
9. You cannot find the Project Task of the type Project without Sales integration.
As soon as the new project type Customer Projects with Sales Integration is in scope it will not be possible to assign new projects with another project type to a Sales Order Item. During the upgrade a documentation is displayed which describes exactly this behavior and notifies the user that the scope changes affect the project types and the integration to the Sales Order.
If the project is released and no time confirmations are available it would be a workaround to create a new project with the right project type based on the old project (copy).
In the future it would be helpful if the old project type Customer Project without Sales Integration is set to obsolete in the fine-tuning of the project types so that it cannot be used anymore when creating new projects.
KBA , AP-PRO , Project Processing , How To