when transferring an employee from Org structure XYZ to Org structure XYZ1 in order to retain the same Employee ID, system throws error message:
Company of employment and organizational unit do not match
Reproducing the Issue
1. Go to Personnel Administration work center.
2. Select Employees view.
3. Enter the employee A and select Actions button and choose Transfer Employee.
4. Fill in the Job and Organizational Unit (from different Organizational structure) and other mandatory details.
The employee A is already assigned to an org unit in the Org Structure XYZ, so it is not possible to transfer an employee to an Org unit in a different Org Structure.
This functionality is not supported by application as this leads to creation of a new employment, work agreement for an employee. therefore while transferring you will get
a message that Company of employment and organizational unit do not match.
The system works as designed.
You may consider using the following workaround - User has to terminate the employee from current Org structure XYZ and rehire in the new Org Structure. In this way he can retain the same Employee ID
In case, the Employee is hired wrongly and there is no reference documents created then below is the feasible option:
Step 1) Change the Hire Date of Employee:
1. Go to Personnel Administration
2. Select Employees view
3. Search and Edit the Employee
4. Go to Employment tab
5. Select Change Hire date and change the date to one day prior to actual hire date
6. Change Service Start Date also as the new hire date
7. Save the changes
The change will be saved successfully if there is no reference records (example time recording)
Step 2) Now terminate this Employee with Termination date as same as new hire date
Step 3) Rehire the employee under new company with hire date (which is new hire date + 1 day)
Note: if the Employee has two Work Agreement then it is not possible to have a hire date in first work agreement
KBA , SRD-HR-PAD , Personnel Administration , Product Enhancement