When you try to delete an Org Unit and activate the changes, system throws below error message:
Cannot delete cost center (); used by an overhead rule in accounting
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Organizational Management work center.
- Select Edit Org Structures.
- Select Activate button and choose Activate All.
The cause for the issue is that the Cost Center that you are try to delete is used for creating a Overhead Rate and Overhead Rate is still active in the system.
If you want to delete the Cost Center, then the Overhead Rate should be deleted from the system. The steps are as follows,
- Go to Cost and Revenue work center.
- Select Edit Overhead Rate under Common Tasks.
- Highlight the Overhead Rate ID.
- Select Delete button
- Select Save and Close button.
Now, you can able to delete the Org Unit which is marked as Cost Center.
If you have a Cost Center which is not required anymore, then there are two ways to make it unavailable from the Organizational Structure.
1. Delimit the Org Unit on today or a future date (Recommended).
2. Delete the Org Unit from the Org Structure.
The main difference between delimit and delete is, deleting an Org Unit will complete erase the Org unit from the system but delimiting will keep the Org unit in the system but in inactive status from the date you delimited it.
KBA , SRD-MD-OM , Organizational Management , Product Enhancement