- Error: “HTTP Error 401: Cannot determine the queries necessary to get data for this report.”
- Creating a report off a .Net Web Service in Crystal Reports generates an error
- In Crystal Reports, when attempting to connect to a .Net web service that has anonymous access turned off, and entering the Active Directory user name and password, get an error
- Crystal Reports 2008
Reproducing the Issue
- In Crystal Reports, create a new report off a .Net web service that has the option: anonymous access, turned off.
- In Crystal Reports, create a new report
- In the “Database Expert” window, under “Create New Connection”, double click on: “XML and Web Services”
- In the “XML and Web Services” window, check the option: “Use Web Service Data Source”, and click “Next”
- In the “Web Service Location”, select: “Use HTTP(S) WSDL”, and enter the .Net Web Service url, then click “Next”
- In Authentication for HTTP WSDL URL, enter the MS Active Directory User ID and Password, and click “Finish”
- You will then receive the following error message:
“HTTP Error 401: Cannot determine the queries necessary to get data for this report.
Details: Cannot access web service. Transport error: 401 Error: Unauthorized"
- The issue has been identified and logged under Problem Report ID ADAPT01625520
- The issue is resolve in Fix Pack 3.8 and above of Crystal Reports 2008
- This issue has now been resolved in SAP Crystal Reports Developer for Visual Studio Service Pack 6
- Now, when creating a new report off a .Net Web Service with Windows Integrated Authentication in Crystal Reports, select the option called "Trusted Connection".
- For Windows Integrated Authentication, the password cannot be null.
- The host for creating or accessing the report must be located in the same domain as the machine that hosts the web service.
CR , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or BusinessViews Manager , Bug Filed