When upload some Materials in the system using MS Excel, excel throws below error message:
Product Category ID missing
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Product Data work center.
- Select Materials view.
- Select New button and choose New Material from Microsoft Excel.
- Logon to the Excel (Business ByDesign Excel add-in)
- Update the Material details in the excel.
- Select Save data to.
The cause for the issue is that the Production Group is not entered for the Logistics.
If you are activating the Logistics for the Material then the Status, Site and Production Group are mandatory fields.
The system works as designed.
You have to maintain the Production Group for the Site in Logistics section.
If you have not yet created the Production Group, follow the below steps:
1. Go to Supply Chain Design master Data work center.
2. Go to Production Groups view.
3. You can create the Production Group Hierarchy here.
After creation, you can enter the Production Group ID into the excel in the Logistics section.
KBA , SRD-FIN-ACR , Receivables , How To