When you try to activate the Organizational Structure, system throws below error message:
Business Partner XYZ (Business Partner Name) already exists
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Organizational Management work center.
- Select Edit Org Structures under Common Tasks.
- Highlight a Org unit.
- Go to General tab and select External Business Identifiers link.
- Add Internal Business Partner ID as XYZ.
- Select Activate button and choose Activate All.
The cause for the issue is that there is already a Business Partner exist with the same ID XYZ. To verify, follow the below steps:
- Go to Business Partner Data work center.
- Select Business Partners view.
- Search for the Business Partner XYZ.
The system works as designed.
When an org unit is defined as a company, a business partner is automatically created by the system when the company is activated. If you want overwrite the proposed system ID before the company is activated, then you can enter the Internal Business Partner ID inside External Business Identifiers. So this ID will considered as a Business partner ID.
You can verify the existing Business Partner ID using above steps and then you can enter a new Business Partner ID which was not yet created in the system.
KBA , SRD-MD-OM , Organizational Management , How To