- There is no way to secure the crystal Report with a password.
- Any user who has got the required rights can open or save the report without any further Authentication.
- There is no password protection while saving the report from InfoView.
Crystal Report 2008
Reproducing the Issue
- Open the Crystal Report 2008.
- Open a Crystal Report or create a new Crystal Report.
- Click on Save option from the Tool Bar to save the report locally. There is no Authentication required.
This functionality does not currently exist in the product.
- There is an Enhancement Request in Ideas Place. It can be voted: https://cw.sdn.sap.com/cw/ideas/10097
- To request a new feature or product enhancement, SAP has defined a new process and tool that is now available to customers called Idea Place: https://ideas.sap.com/. Idea Place gives customers the ability to log their own Enhancement Requests and work more directly with our Technology and Development group. SAP is committed to reviewing and responding to the ideas submitted on a regular basis. The ideas with the most votes will receive a higher level of attention for response and consideration. The processes and procedures associated with this site will continue to evolve and enhance over time. Refer to Knowledge Base Article https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1515837 for more details.
Password, save,Save As , KBA , BI-BIP-AUT , Authentication, ActiveDirectory, LDAP, SSO, Vintela , Product Enhancement
Crystal Reports 2008 V1