Crystal Report crashes when selecting Named Sets in Member Selector from OLAP Expert.
- Crystal Reports 2008 Service Pack 5/Crystal Reports 2011
- MS-SQL Server 2005/2008 R2
- Microsoft OLEDB provider for Analysis Services 9.0 (SQL 2005)
- Native OLAP Connector.
Reproducing the Issue
- Launch CR Designer.
- Go to File->New-> Blank Report.
- Database Expert->Create New Connection->OLAP->OLAP Connection Browser
- Select and Open the Adventure Works Direct Sales cube from the browser.
- From the 'Page Dimension Selector' select the dimension to use in the report.
- In the OLAP Expert-> OLAP Data tab, choose the data to be your OLAP source and choose an OLAP server type and then select the cube that contains the data.
- In the OLAP Expert-> Go to Rows/Columns tab add rows,columns to the grid from the available dimension, then select members to include.
- Under the columns area in OLAP expert-Rows/Columns, click on 'Select Column Members'.
- From the 'Member Selector'Open Favourites and then Server and then select Core Product Group.Deselect All Products and click OK.
- Under the columns area in OLAP expert-Rows/Columns, click on 'Select Column Members' again.
- Crystal Report Crashes with the error message "Crystal Reports has stopped working".
This issue has been identified and logged under Problem Report ID ADAPT01620899.
This issue is targeted to be fixed in Business Objects Enterprise XI 3.1 Service Pack 6.
Crystal Reports OLAP, Named Sets. , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or BusinessViews Manager , Bug Filed