When you manually create an outgoing check to pay the partner company XYZ, the system gives you an error message: Payment method details are not determined. Address of payee/payer XYZ does not exist.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Payables work center, and choose the Suppliers view.
- Select the Supplier Accounts subview.
- Choose Supplier XYZ, and then choose View.
- Choose one Open Item, and then choose Pay Manually By.
- You could only see Other Payment Methods from the drop-down list.
- You then go to the Payment Management or Liquidity Management work center, and then choose New Outgoing Check under Common Tasks.
- In the Payee field, select the supplier XYZ, and then press ENTER.
The system gives error message: Payment method details are not determined. Address of payee/payer XYZ does not exist.
This is an intercompany stock transfer scenario,when the customer invoice is posted, the supplier invoice is posted automatically in the receiving company and can be checked in the Supplier Invoicing work center, in the Invoices and Credit Memos view. The system sends the information to Financials, which you can see as journal entries in the General Ledger work center.
Now you are initiating manual outgoing payments for the buying company, one of the prerequisites in the master data settings is that you have to make a payment agreement between the buying company and the charge-to company. Because in the Financial Data of the company XYZ master data, you do not maintain the payment method for the buying company, which is the payment agreement mentioned earlier, so the system gives you an error message: Payment method details are not determined, and you cannot see any specific payment methods available while clicking Pay Manually By in Payables work center.
In order to fix the issue, follow the steps below:
- Go to the Supplier Base work center, and choose the Suppliers view.
- Select the supplier XYZ, and then choose Financial Data under Edit.
- Go to the Payment Data tab.
- Select the concerned buying company, and then choose Add Row under Payment Method.
- Select Check, and Save it.
Now you should be able to select the option of Outgoing Check when you do the manual payment in Payables work center, meanwhile, you should not receive the same error message any more.
KBA , pay manually by , intercompany payment , manual outgoing payment , payment method details not determined , AP-PAY , Payment Processing , How To