The form determination is not working correctly for a customer invoice. While previewing the customer invoice document, you find the form template selected by the system is not the expected one.
Reproducing the Issue
You have maintained the form template selection rule for customer invoices. But still system picks up a different template.
To check the customer invoice:
- Go to the Customer Invoicing work center.
- Go to the Invoice Documents view.
- Open the invoice and click on View All go to Involved Parties tab. You find the Invoicing unit is XYZ.
- Click Preview to open the form.
The form template determination is not using the country of the Invoicing unit/seller party plus the language of the Bill-To party for finding the correct form template variant.
The system behavior is correct. The Seller Tax country is taken in priority to determine the template. The system selects the form template for customer invoicing depending on the tax country since form needs to apply to country specific legal requirements.
To correct the template determination you can :
- Change the Tax Country and and which is same as the Seller.
- Or change the country in the Customer Invoice Form in Application and User Management.
KBA , AP-CI , Customer Invoice Processing , How To