Cannot create information space based on Microsoft cube as a data source.
Reproducing the Issue
- Create a universe in IDT based on MSAS Cube.
- Save and export the .BLX file to the repository.
- Start explorer from BI LaunchPad.
- When you create a new information space, you will not find the universe in the list which was created in the IDT.
- In 4.0 only .UNX can be used to create information space, .UNV cannot be used..
- We cannot create a universe(.unx) based on Microsoft Cube (MSAS) using relational connection, and
- Explorer information space cannot be created on a universe based on OLAP connection
Currently we cannot use Microsoft Cube as a data-source for Explorer
Please refer theses two notes as well 1559221 and 1603409.
explorer, microsoft cube, msas, 4.0, unx, unv , KBA , BI-RA-EXP , Polestar, Explorer , Problem