- Crystal Reports 2011/2013 does not take Formatted Measure value while creating a Summary
- Instead of Formatted Measure value, Summary takes the exact Measure value to do the summation operation
- If the Formatted Measure value is dragged on to the detail section of the report, the Measure value is shown as it is formatted in the backend. (For eg. If a Key Figure value is 3,561,628 and Scaling for the object is set to 1.000. So, the output of the Measure value is 3,561,628 and Formatted Value will give 3,562)
- Summary shows the exact Measure Value that is without Scale Factor
- Crystal Reports Designer 2011/2013
Reproducing the Issue
- Create a BEx query with one Key Figure in it
- Go to the Properties of the Key Figure -> Display Tab and change the Scaling Factor property of the Key Figure to 1.000
- Save the query
- Create a new Crystal Report in Crystal Reports 2011/2013 designer using SAP BW MDX Query connection
- Insert a Summary based on your Key Figure used in the query and place it on the report
- You will observe that the exact Measure value is appearing and ignores the Scale Factor formatting for the Key Figure
Any Scale Factor formatting done for a Key Figure comes under "Formatted Values" for a Measure objects and whose output is String. String fields cannot be summarized in Crystal Reports 2011/2013. Scaling needs to be done in Crystal Reports using formula on the Key Figure field.
In order to summarize a Key Figure, we need to use the Value field of the Key Figure in Summary.
For performing a Scaling for the Summary, you can follow the below mentioned steps:
- Right click on the Summary Total
- Go to Format Field -> Common Tab -> Display String (X+2)
- Write the below mentioned code and click on ok
Note: In Crystal Reports 2008, the Key figure was not divided into Value, Formatted Value or Unit. As a result, the measure value can be summarized with the Scaling Factor set in the BEx Query Designer.
Scale Factor for a Measure/Key value, Crystal Reports 2011, Summary, Crystal Reports 2013, CR2011, CR2013, multiply 1000, 1000 , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or BusinessViews Manager , Problem