When entering a bank statement line you access the Item Details Transaction Data in order to enter an exchange rate applying to this bank transaction.
Your expectation is that this exchange rate will be applied when converting foreign currency into company currency.
However, the exchange rate in the Item Details Transaction Data does not override the exchange rate maintained in Work Center General Ledger.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Work Center Liquidity Management.
- Access View Bank Statements.
- Enter a new bank statement via New / Bank Statement.
- In Step 3 - Create and Edit Items after entering the relevant line item details choose Item Details.
- Here you are able to enter an exchange rate pertaining to this bank transaction.
The information in the field Exchange Rate is declaratory and for information purposes only (e.g. applied exchange rate by your house bank when converting payment currency into account currency).
This field does not take effect either for any internal conversions or for any accounting purposes.
The maintained exchange rate for a particular date range in Work Center General Ledger / Common Tasks / Edit Exchange Rates is applied when converting transactions between foreign currency and company currency.
KBA , SRD-FIN-CLM , Cash and Liquity Managment , How To