You have created a new Product Category Hierarchy, but you are not able to delete the root level since the Delete button is disabled.
- SAP Business ByDesign.
- SAP Cloud for Customer.
Reproducing the Issue
- Access the Product Categories view from the relevant work center:
- Product Data, in SAP Business ByDesign.
- Products, in SAP Cloud for Customer.
Here, the Delete button is disabled.
Once you create and save the root level (Product Category), it is not possible to delete it. The reason for not allowing deletion of the root level is that it will generate inconsistencies in the system.
This is the standard system behavior.
Additional points to observe regarding root product category:
- Once a Root Product Category is created, it is not possible to delete it;
- Once a Root Product Category is saved, it is not possible change its ID;
- For root category, you are only allowed to change the description;
- It is not possible to create more than one root product category Hierarchy.
Note: sub categories can be deleted as long as they are not used by any products in the system.
Product Category, Hierarchy, Delete, Root level, Change ID , KBA , product category , product category hierarchy , SRD-MD-PRD-PRD , Product , How To