You have created a new Product Category Hierarchy, but you are not able to delete the root level since the Delete button is disabled.
SAP Business ByDesign 1711 or later
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Product Data work center.
- Select Product Categories view.
- Select the root Product Category.
- Select Maintain Product Categories button.
- Select the top (root) Product Category and click the Actions button.
Here, the Delete button is disabled.
Once you create and save the root level (Product Category), it is not possible to delete it. The reason for not allowing deletion of the root level is that it will generate inconsistencies in the system.
This is the standard system behavior.
Key Points to remember:
Root Product Category:
- Once a Root Product Category is created, it is not possible to delete it
- Once a Root Product Category is saved, it is not possible change its ID
- For root category, you are only allowed to change the description
- It is not possible to create more than one root product categort Hierarchy
Sub Product Category:
- You are able to delete the sub categories, if they're not used in any Products.
Product Category, Hierarchy , Delete , Root level , KBA , product category , product category hierarchy , SRD-MD-PRD-PRD , Product , How To