How to write data back to database from Xcelsius dashboard
- Xcelsius 2008
- Dashboard Design 4.0
1. Create a SOAP based Web Service which accepts and writes values to the database.
2. Launch Xcelsius.
3. Go to Data -> Connections menu and add Web Service connection.
4. Specify Web Service URL in front of WSDL URL and click on Import button.
5. Now under Input Values Pane you will see input parameters for Web Service. Map them with respective excel cells.
6. Go to Usage tab and set this connection to be trigged on value change in the input parameter excel cells mentioned in the step 5.
7. Preview the dashboard and notice that on change of values in the input parameter excel cells, the data is written to the database.
KBA , BI-RA-XL , Dashboards and Presentation Design , How To