You, as a Key User, would like to know whether it is possible to delete an Employee and its respective Business User.
It is not possible to delete an employee because it is a Transactional Process document which must remain in the system, to avoid inconsistencies. From a technical and functional standpoint, the closest alternative would be to make the relevant employee inactive.
Steps to make an employee inactive (Lean HCM)
- Go to Business Partner Data work center.
- Select Employees view.
- Search for the relevant employee
- Select it and click Edit
- In the Valid To field, change the date to match employee's Valid From date — this would essentially make it so that the employee has a null validity period, which would make him unavailable for any business processes in the system.
- Select Save and Close button.
- Now, select Active Employees in Show field. Here you can no longer view this employee, but you can still check its data of this employee if you search in All Employees.
Once an employee is made inactive as per the above steps, his/her Business User validity will also be ended so he/she can no longer log into the system.
KBA , AP-PRP , Purchase Request Processing , How To