- Database field consisting of HTML character entity is not interpreted in Crystal Reports
- HTML character entity is interpreted in the browser but when exported to PDF format, it shows the tag and not the value for it.
Crystal Reports 2008
Reproducing the Issue
- Create a report consisting of HTML character entity. Example   or "
- Place the field on the designer and refresh the report.
- Save the report to the Enterprise and view it in the browser. Keep the view format as Web in the Enterprise.
- Export the report to PDF format from the Enterprise
Note: In Export and in Crystal Report the HTML tag will not be interpreted. However in the viewer the HTML tag will be interpreted.
Follow the steps given below to resolve the issue:
- Right click on the field in Crystal Reports
- Select the option Format Field >> Paragraph(Tab) >> Select the option HTML Text from the drop down of Text Interpretation >> Click OK
- Save the report to Enterprise
1217084 - What are the supported HTML tags and attributes with HTML Text Interpretation?
HTML, Crystal Reports, PDF, , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or BusinessViews Manager , Problem