When you try to Check or Activate an Organizational Structure, system throws below error message:
Sales Organization XYZ used in sales documents; delete not possible, Operation not possible; sales org. referenced by material ABC.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Organizational Management work center.
- Select Edit Org Structures.
- Highlight the Org Structure.
- Select Check All or Activate All.
The Org unit XYZ might be marked as a Sales Organization and Sales functions with some validity. Anyone of the below change will cause the issue,
- If you have completely removed this sales function from the Org unit. Or
- Delimiting the Sales Functions in the Org Unit to a past or future date.
- Deleting the Org Unit in the Planning Area.
Once a Sales Organization is used in a Material, Service or any other Business Transaction Document, then it is not possible to delete the Sales Organization function or delimit the validity of it to the past date or deleting the Org Unit.
So the possible solution to overcome the issue is to delimit the Org Unit or the sales property of the org unit to a future date.
You can also refer to the document 1681186 - Error Message: Operation not Possible; Sales Org. Referenced by Service Product XYZ for step by step procedure.
If the above solution of blocking the Sales Organization in the Material doesn’t solve the issue, then you can re-assign the Sales Organization function in the Org Unit XYZ.
KBA , SRD-MD-OM , Organizational Management , Product Enhancement