You run one of the standard Employee Times or Time Accounts reports. You would like to choose a Time Series other than the preconfigured ones. For example, by default the Employee Times: Weekly report provides information on planned and recorded employee times in the last 4 weeks. You would however like to have a variable time range selection.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to work center Time Administration
- Select view Reports: List
- Find the report Employee Times: Weekly
There is no variables selection for the time series. The report is executed without any variables selection.
The Employee Times or Time Accounts reports are configured with a fixed Time Series, in this example planned and recorded employee times in the last 4 weeks.
In order to have a variable date selection according to above given example please create a customer report by following these steps:
- Go to work center Business Analytics and select the view Design Reports
- Select New > Report
- In step 1 of the report wizard choose the data source Employee Times (HCMTLMU01)
- In step 2 choose only the Key Figures you want to display (e.g. Recorded Time, Planned Working Time), but do not choose Time Series
- In step 3 choose only the Characteristics you want to display, but make sure to include characteristic Key Date
- In step 4 define a variable for the value selection of characteristic Key Date (Value Selection > Using Variable)
- In step 5 configure this variable as Mandatory and choose Selection Type > Any Selection for possible entries. You may as well Maintain a Default Value that is used during startup of the report.
- Finish the report definition. Assign the report to a corresponding work center and view (e.g. Time Administration -> Employees)
- Create a default layout and startup settings for the report as per your preferences. Make sure to include the characteristic Calendar Year/Week in columns or rows.
- Generate the report from the assigned work center and choose an appropriate Operator for the Advanced Select Value Help of the variable Key Date (e.g. ...Between)
KBA , SRD-HR-TLM , Time and Labour Management , How To