- Cross-tab shows different values in MS Excel, than in Crystal Reports.
- Text entered in Display String formatting option of a cross-tab is not exported to MS Excel.
- When exporting a report to MS Excel format, that contains a cross-tab that was formatted to display information using the "Display String" option, the text entered in the Display String is not exported to MS Excel from Crystal Reports.
- SAP Crystal Reports 2008
- SAP Crystal Reports 2011
- SAP Crystal Reports 2013
- SAP Crystal Reports 2016
Reproducing the Issue
- In Crystal Reports, create a report off any data source.
- Add a Cross-Tab to the report, and insert a column, a row and at least one field to summarize.
- Format the one of the row or column to display different information using the "Display String" fromatting option.
- Right click on any field on the Cross-Tab, and select: "Format Field..."
- In the "Format Editor" window, under the tab "Common", click on the "X-2" button of the option "Display String", and enter a formula or text like
- Click "OK" to accept the change.
Notice the text entered in the Display String displays on the report, but is not exported to MS Excel Data Only.
- By design, the display String formatting option does not export to MS Excel Data Only format, as it does not export the cross-tab formatting.
- For a list of Crystal Reports supported features by exporting format, see the following SAP Knowledge Base Article: 1946358
- Export the report to MS Excel format instead, as this format supports exporting formatting.
Display string, cross tab formula, export to excel data only, crystal reports, display string export to Excel Data only , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or BusinessViews Manager , Problem
Crystal Reports 2008 V1 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2011 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2013 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2016