- The root logger of Log4j is set to Level.ERROR upon usage of ReportClientDocument.open() method.
- The logger does not log any log messages after the call to this method through code.
- CrystalReports For Eclipse 2.0
- JBoss Web Application Server 5.1
Reproducing the Issue
- Log4j is configured on the server side with JBoss 5.1 default settings.
- The application shares same logger as JBoss Application Server.
- Create an instance of
- Execute the open(...) method.
- After this point the root logger will be set to Level.ERROR and no
log messages below this level will be recorded.
There is currently no target Fix Pack or Service Pack scheduled for this issue. It has been reviewed by our Product Group and this behavior is not currently targeted for change.
However there is a possible Workaround:
- Capture the root loggers level before the open(...) method.
- Make call to ReportClientDocument.open()
- Set the level captured at step 1 after the call to open(...) method.
Following snippet shows how it can be done:
Also see the attached text file.
log4j.xml jboss jboss-log4j.xml JRC CR4E log4j.properties ADAPT01636158 ADAPT 01636158 1636158 , KBA , BI-DEV-JAV , BI Software Development Kits (SDKs) - Java , Problem