- When promoting a Crystal report with dynamic cascading prompts (List of Values) from Business Intelligence (BI) server to another BI server using LifeCycle Manager/Promotion Management, the report that is migrated fails to call the values from the prompt group, and instead shows a blank text box for prompt values.
- SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence (BI) platform 4.x
- SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise (BOE) XI 3.1
- Lifecycle Management / Promotion Management
Reproducing the Issue
- Create a promotion job.
- Add Crystal Reports based on LOV prompts. (These reports have specific security assigned to them.)
- Include all depencies in promotion job (do not include security).
- Promote the job.
- In the destination environment, the prompt values are blank while viewing the report.
- This behavior has been confirmed by our developers as by design.
- Security (Promote object security) was excluded from the job.
- Whenever promoting content such as Crystal Reports with Business View dependencies always promote object security along with the same job.
- Delete Business View from target system and promote only the BV, no reports. Select all dependents and security.
- If this report has previously been promoted without object security and no updates have been made to the report then the report will need to be deleted from the destination to apply the update in the destination environment.
- If Business View dependencies are not included with the job then object security is not required.
CR, Crystal, CR2008, CR 2013, CR 2011, CR 2016, LCM, LifeCycle Manager, PM, Promotion Management, 4.0, DCP, Dynamic Cascading Parameters, BV, blank, empty, prompts, missing, values, ADAPT01616233, LOV, empty LOV , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or BusinessViews Manager , How To