When you create a New Supplier and upon saving, system throws below error message:
Your entry is too long. Do not enter more than 40 characters
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Supplier Base or Business Partner work center.
- Select Suppliers view.
- Select New button and choose Supplier.
- In the field Supplier name, enter the Supplier name with more than 40 characters.
- Select Save button.
The Supplier name entered by you is more than 40 characters.
We have received many feedbacks regarding the Supplier name should be more than 40 characters but there are no plans to change this behavior because of below reasons:
- With more than 40 characters we get a problem with the way how the data is provided for printing, with more than 40 characters, you have a problem to print the name on an envelope.
- 40 characters is the length in all other SAP solutions as well, as data exchange with i.e. ERP or CRM is very important to have the fields in Synchronization.
- Apart from the above, the effort to change this at so many places is to huge.
Hence, we recommend you to make a meaningful abbreviation for Supplier Name, with equal to or less than 40 characters.
KBA , SRD-CC , Cross Components , How To