You try to post the customer invoice to accounting, but the system gives the following error message: Account determination is missing for position type Output Tax.
Reproducing the Issue
- In the General Ledger work center, choose the Closing Cockpit view.
- Select the Closing-Relevant Tasks subview.
- You can find there is a task that has the subject Account determination is missing for position type Output Tax.
- Select the task and you can see the following description: Edit your account determination in chart of accounts ABC Chart of Accounts and account determination profile <ZIAS> in configuration for column path Tax-> Output Tax position type Output Tax.
- Meanwhile, go to the Source Documents subview.
- Select the not posted customer invoice document.
- Choose View Business Transaction, you can see the same error message: Account determination is missing for position type Output Tax.
Currently, only the following 15 countries are supported in the SAP Business ByDesign (ByD) system:
- New Zealand
Because both the sold-from and sold-to countries in the customer invoice concerned are Chile, which is not supported in ByD, so it's not possible to determine the Output Tax account, and thus not possible to post the customer invoice to accounting.
If selling for a not-supported country is mandatory for you, you could follow the workaround below.
In order to successfully post the customer invoice to accounting, first of all, go to the Organizational Management work center, and change the company address to an address in a country that is supported in ByD, for example, US.
Second of all, cancel the original completed sales order, because address change will not be reflected in the existing documents:
- First of all, successfully cancel the customer Invoice.
- Go to the customer Invoicing work center, and cancel the customer invoice in question. The cancelation invoice will never be posted to accounting because the company address in the customer invoice cannot be changed, so the error message cannot be fixed.
- Go to the General Ledger work center, and choose the Closing-Relevant Tasks view
- Select the Source Documents view.
- Find out the cancelation customer invoice.
- Choose View Business Transactions under Actions.
- Choose Mark as Irrelevant, and then both the original customer invoice and the cancelation customer invoice will be marked as irrelevant for accounting, which be taken as successfully canceled.
- Cancel the related outbound delivery.
- First you need to un-release the outbound delivery. For that go to the Outbound Logistics work center.
- Select the Outbound Deliveries view.
- Search the relevant outbound delivery, which you want to cancel.
- Select the searched outbound delivery and from the Action button drop down, choose Cancel Release.
- Now select the Monitoring view and sub-view By Warehouse Order.
- Select All Warehouse Orders from Show drop down and select Advanced link.
- Enter the outbound delivery ID in the Delivery ID field and select Go button.
- In the warehouse order screen, select Adjustment Confirmation button.
- In the adjustment confirmation for warehouse order screen, select the line item and choose Enable Entry button.
- In Quantity Difference column, enter negative value of the fulfilled quantity. For example, if fulfilled quantity is 20, then enter -20 in the Quantity Difference column.
- Choose Save button.
- Now you will be able to cancel the outbound delivery. For that, again select the Outbound Delivery view.
- Search the relevant outbound delivery.
- Select the searched outbound delivery and from the Action button drop down, choose Cancel.
- After that, the sales order will be set from Completed to In Process. You could edit this sales order, and give a Rejection Reason, then the sales orders will be set as completed with zero amount.
Finally, create a new sales order without using the Copy function, and move on with the following process.
The customer invoice should be successfully posted in this way.
KBA , output tax , cancel outbound delivery , cancel completed sales order , account determination missing , post customer invoice , supported country , SRD-FIN-GL , General Ledger , How To