- INTERNAL ONLY - Reason: Workaround provided is not supported.
- Invalid keycode.
- Error: 'The Product keycode is not valid. INS00140'
- When attempting to install Crystal Reports or Crystal Reports for Enterprise, it fails with the invalid keycode error.
- How to troubleshoot the invalid keycode error?
- SAP Crystal Reports 2011
- SAP Crystal Reports 2013
- SAP Crystal Reports 2016
- SAP Crystal Reports for Enterprise 4.0
- SAP Crystal Reports for Enterprise 4.1
- SAP Crystal Reports for Enterprise 4.2
- MS Windows
Reproducing the Issue
- Start Crystal Reports installation.
- Enter the keycode.
It then display the error: 'The Product keycode is not valid. INS00140'
- There are several reasons that cause this error message, like:
- Actual incorrect keycode,
- Failed previous installation,
- Conflict with third party software,
- To help customer successfully install Crystal Reports:
- Confirm the product and version the customer is actually trying to install.
Note: Many customers are trying to use the Crystal Server keycode, to install Crystal Reports, or visa-cersa; or are trying to use a keycode for an older version of Crystal Reports.
- Confirm the customer is using a valid keycode, and test installing the product using the temporary keycode.
Note: Temporary keycode can be found on the SAP Support Portal. For more info, see the SAP Knowledge Base Article 1288121
- Follow the Crystal Reports Installation Best Practices found in the SAP Knowledge Base Article 1638102
- Verify it is not the following known issues:
- 1636929 - Unable to install or launch Crystal Reports on a machine with CA Agent installed
- 1587982 - Error: 'The Product keycode is not valid. INS00140' when trying to install Crystal Reports
- 5.1 Rename IsKeyCodeValid.exe to IsKeyCodeValid.old at the following location of the Installation package:
- For Crystal Reports:
- For Crystal Reports for Enterprise:
- 5.2 Extract attached IsKeyCodeValid.exe, and copy it to the same location as above.
5.3 Start the installation again.
Note: It will bypass the Installation keycode validation, but still prompt for valid keycode at runtime.
Invalid key, CR 2011, Designer, Xcelsius 4.0, Crystal Reports Server, CR , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or BusinessViews Manager , Problem
SAP Crystal Reports 2011 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2013 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2016