- A Crystal Reports .NET web application to view a report throws below error on web server.
Error : "Unsupported Operation. A document processed by the JRC engine cannot be opened in the C++ stack"
- Application works fine in the development environment.
- The application and Crystal reports (.rpt files) are deployed using Visual Studio 'Publish' option.
- Visual Studio 2010
- Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2010 SP2
- The .rpt files are not properly deployed or contents of the .rpt files are not intact.
- While deploying the application and Crystal reports through Visual Studio 'Publish' option, the reports were not completely deployed on the web server.
- To determine the cause of the issue, compare the file sizes of the Crystal reports from web server to the reports on the development machine.
- Deploying the application with Crystal reports through Visual Studio 'Publish' option to the web server reduces size of the .rpt files to 1 kb.
Make sure that the reports are properly getting deployed along with the content.
Manually copy the Crystal reports on the web server at the specified location.
KBA , BI-DEV-NET-SDK , .NET SDK / COM SDK , Problem