The Profit overview by key figure report is not showing a specific Customer invoice although it was successfully released.
Reproducing the Issue
1. Cost and revenue work center and choose Reports view.
2. Open the Profit overview by key figure report.
3. Select the desired values for the variable selection screen.
4. Search for the desired Invoice ID.
5. The invoice is not found.
6. When you check the invoice Document flow, from Customer Invoicing work center, you can see that there is pending task.
The system behavior is as designed. In fact, the Profit overview by key figure report shows only invoices which have been posted to financial Accounting.
From the Invoice Document flow we can see that the invoice is released however there is a pending Business Transaction for Accounting which is stopping the invoice to be posted.
When we drill down in the task we can see the following:
- Tasks Related To Business Transaction for Accounting
- Task: Update Valuation data for Material Y/business residence XXX.
- Un-posted Business Transactions.
- In process by the XYZ team since a specific date.
The reason why the invoice is not shown in the Profit overview by key figure report is because the invoice has not been posted to Accounting.
In this case to solve the issue the Invoice must be posted by Maintaining and activating the valuation data for the specified combination of material and business residence.
Once the above financial transaction is completed the invoice should be visible in the Profit overview by key figure report.
KBA , SRD-FIN-COR , Cost & Revenue , How To