You have uploaded an employee through Data Migration, but you are not allowed to terminate the employee because the intended Termination Date is earlier than the Organizational Assignment Date.
There are two possible causes for this, which are:
- The employee should be uploaded into the system through Data Migration, in which date consistency is not checked thoroughly.
- There is an interval between the Hire Date and Organizational Assignment Date, and the intended Termination Date falls between these two dates.
For example, the employee's org unit is valid from DD/MM/YYYY (e.g. 01/01/2000) but the employee's org unit assignment is starting from DD1/MM1/YYYY1 (e.g. 01/01/2011), regardless of the actual hire date being DD2/MM2/YYYY2 (e.g. 01/01/2003).
The solution is changing the Hire Date of the employee temporarily to synchronize Hire Date and Org Unit Assignment Date, then the termination of the employee will be possible.
- Change Hire Date of the employee from DD2/MM2/YYYY2 to DD1/MM1/YYYY1. This will synchronize Hire Date and Org Unit Assignment Date.
- Change Hire Date back from DD1/MM1/YYYY1 to DD2/MM2/YYYY2. This will move both Hire Date and Org Unit Assignment Date back.
Now with the consistency of hire date and org unit assignment, date you can terminate the employee.
- Change of Hire Date will work only if the employee in question does not have any Transfer yet.
- Step 2 will fail if the employee's actual Hire Date is before the Valid from date of org unit. In this case, it is not required to correct the Org Unit Assignment Date — you can terminate the employees with Termination Date DD1.MM1.YYYY1 directly.
KBA , SRD-HR-PAD , Personnel Administration , How To