Error message "Request Processing Failed (XLS 000009) The specified DSN contains an architecture mismatch between the driver and the application" is received in Dashboard Designer 4.0 when .Unx based on SQL server 2008 is refreshed in Query Browser.
- SAP BusinessObjects BI 4.0 SP02
- Dashboard Designer 4.0 SP02
- SQL Server 2008 64 bit
Reproducing the Issue
- Convert a .Unv universe based on SQL server 2008(64 bit) into .Unx in Information Designer Tool.
- Open Dashboard Designer 4.0 client and select the Query Browser option.
- Select the Converted .Unx universe from the list of Universes.
- Drag an object to the result objects pane and click Next. Error Message appears.
Connection of the converted universe is based on a 32 bit DSN SQL driver causing the architectural mismatch between driver and applications.
For Refreshing the universe content and fetching the data from the Data source a 64 bit DSN driver connection is required.
Create a new DSN using 64 bit SQL Server Native Client driver on the same machine having name similar to a 32 bit connection.
Query Browser,SQL server,DSN,XLS000009 , KBA , BI-RA-XL , Dashboards and Presentation Design , Problem