You try to create a new Charge/Credit for a customer, and assign the charge or credit to a General Ledger Account ABC, but the desired account is not available for selection.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Receivables work center, and choose the Customers view.
- Select the Customer Accounts subview.
- Select a customer and choose View.
- Choose New Charge/Credit.
- In the New Charge/Credit screen, enter the required information.
- In the Line Items table, choose Add Row.
- In the drop-down list of the General Ledger Account field, try to select the value ABC.
But the selection ABC is not shown in the drop-down list.
The drop-down list of General Ledger Account does not consist of a list of real G/L accounts, but of a list of account determination groups, which are assigned to the desired G/L accounts. In order to have an account determination group shown in the list, you have to set it as Available in Other Transactions in the fine-tune activity of Chart of Accounts, Financial Reporting Structure, Account Determination. Here Other Transactions refer to transactions such as manual tax correction, new charge, new credit and intercompany business transaction.
In order to set the account determination group ABC as Used in Other Transactions, follow the steps below:
- Go to the Business Configuration work center, and choose the Overview view if your system has gone live.
- Otherwise, go to the Implementation Projects view, and select the related project to Open Activity List.
- Select the fine-tune activity of Chart of Accounts, Financial Reporting Structure, Account Determination.
- Choose Edit Account Determination Groups.
- Go to the General Ledger, or Groups for General Expenses under Costs.
- Find the group ABC, and tick the option of Available in Other Transactions.
- Choose Save and Close.
You should be able to select the account determination group ABC when creating a New Charge/Credit.
KBA , charge credit , receivables , customer credit , general ledger account , SRD-FIN-GL , General Ledger , How To