You wrongly create an intra-company bank to bank transfer XYZ, the outgoing bank transfer is already Confirmed, while the incoming bank transfer is still In Transfer. You try to reverse the incoming bank transfer, but the system gives an error message: Cancel of XYZ not possible; outgoing bank transfer already confirmed.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Liquidity Management work center, and choose the Payment Monitor view.
- Show all payments, and select the document ID XYZ.
- You can see there are an incoming bank transfer and an outgoing bank transfer with the same document ID XYZ, and the same amount.
- The incoming bank transfer is still In Transfer, while the outgoing bank transfer is already Confirmed.
- Choose the incoming bank transfer, and click Reverse.
- The system gives an error message: Cancel of XYZ not possible; outgoing bank transfer already confirmed.
Because the outgoing bank transfer and the incoming bank transfer are created in pair, if one is confirmed, the other cannot be reversed then.
So in order to reverse the intra-company bank-to-bank transfer, first of all, you have to reverse the confirmed outgoing bank transfer XYZ:
- From the details of the outgoing bank transfer XYZ, check the bank statement that confirms this outgoing bank transfer.
- From the bank statement, you could see that the outgoing bank transfer is confirmed by the payment allocation ABC.
- Click this payment allocation ABC, and reverse it.
- A new payment allocation DEF is created, at the same time, the outgoing bank transfer XYZ is set from Confirmed back to In Transfer.
- Select the outgoing bank transfer XYZ, and set it back to Not Transferred.
- After that, reverse it, and then both the incoming and outgoing bank transfer will be set as Canceled.
About the newly created payment allocation DEF, you can click Mark as Return under Actions, the amount will be credited back to the account.
KBA , reverse , intracompany , bank to bank transfer , reverse payment allocation , SRD-HR-TLM , Time and Labour Management , How To