Customer invoicing run does not create any invoices for third-party scenarios.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Customer Invoicing work center.
- Select the Invoice Runs view.
- Select Run ID ABC (ABC represents the ID of the invoice run).
- Go to the Execution Details sub tab.
- Select the Application Log ID XYZ (XYZ represents the number of the application log).
- In the General tab of the Application Log XYZ under the Summarizing Messages section the following message is displayed:
Number of customer invoices created: 0
- In the Results tab there are no errors or warning messages displayed.
In a third-party deal, you are the company that creates a sales order to which an external supplier is assigned. The external supplier delivers the goods directly to the customer. These transactions are generally not invoiced automatically during an invoice run.
More information can be found in the Help under the topic: Third-Party Order Processing Taxation
This is the correct system behaviour.
In a third-party deal customer invoice requests have to be invoiced manually in the Invoice Requests view.
KBA , check tax codes; , taxation for chain transaction may apply , AP-CI , Customer Invoice Processing , How To