- InfoSet report fails.
- Refreshing a report based off an InfoSet generates an error.
- When refreshing a report based off an InfoSet in Crystal Reports, it fails with the errors:
"Database Connector Error: 'Time limit exceeded' "
"Database Connector Error: 'RFC_CLOSED' "
- SAP Crystal Reports 2008
- SAP Crystal Reports 2011
- SAP Crystal Reports 2013
- SAP Crystal Reports 2016
Reproducing the Issue
- In Crystal Reports designer, create a report based on an SAP InfoSet.
- Refresh the report on a small dataset, and it returns data successfully.
- Refresh the report on a larger dataset, and it then generates the error of Time limit exceeded'
- The InfoSet is pulling too much data from the underlying database and a timeout is being reached.
- To increase the chance to be able to refresh a report based off an InfoSet returning a large number of records:
- Request the SAP BASIS Administrator to increase the SAP System parameter: rdisp/max_wprun_time, until the report runs successfully.
- If applicable set flag: ‘Always use the old report structure’ in SQ02 as per SAP Note: "Note 723577 - SAP Query: Release upgrade and new generation"
- If neither of the previous steps resolve the issue then have the author of the InfoSet increase it's efficiency by methods such as pushing filtering to the database.
- If assistance is required troubleshooting the InfoSet reproduce the error in one of the following ways on the SAP System:
- In transaction: SQ01 create and execute an InfoSet Query against the InfoSet in question
- In transaction: SQ01 create an InfoSet Query against the InfoSet in question, and execute it with SE37 by calling RSAQ_REMOTE_QUERY_CALL with the following parameters:
- WORKSPACE: G
- QUERY: <query created in SQ01>
- USERGROUP: <usergroup of user used to refresh report>
- VARIANT: <left blank>
- DBACC: 1-
- SKIP_SELSCREEN: X
- DATA_TO_MEMORY: X
- EXTERNAL_PRESENTATION: S
- Once the error is reproduced in SQ01 or SE37, open a remote connection to the SAP System and create an incident under the component: BC-SRV-QUE for further assistance.
CR, Info Set, InfoSet query , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or BusinessViews Manager , Problem
Crystal Reports 2008 V1 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2011 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2013 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2016