When you create and save an Expense Report, the status of the report changes immediately to Approved instead of going through the normal flow of In Audit and In Approval.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Travel and Expenses work center.
- Select the New Expense Report under Common Tasks.
- After completing the Expense Report, the status changes to Approved.
In Business Configuration, if you maintain a Minimum Amount and if you create an Expense Report with an amount less than the Minimum Amount, the audit and/or approval is not required and the report gets approved automatically. This can be verified as follows:
- Go to the Business Configuration work center.
- Select the Implementation Projects view.
- Select the Open Activity List button.
- Select the Fine-Tune chevron.
- Open the Business Task Management for Expense and Reimbursement Management activity.
If you create an Expense Report with amount XY which is less than the Minimum Amount maintained in the above fine tuning activity then the Expense Report is not sent for audit and/or approval.
The system works as designed.
KBA , SRD-FIN-ERM , Travel and Expense Management , Product Enhancement