You are creating a new purchase order for stock items and you deselect the To-Stock Process Type. When you deselect the To-Stock Process Type, the system shows an error message: Select To-Stock indicator or enter account assignment details.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Purchase Requests and Orders work center.
- Go to the Common Tasks section and select New Purchase Order.
- Go to the Items and select Add Row button.
- Select the Process Type Non-Stock.
- Select Stock Item in the Product ID column.
- System shows the error message. For Example: Item 1: Select to-stock process type or enter account assignment details.
You have to define the account assignment details for this purchase order and it will hit the corresponding financial accountings. For Example: Cost Center, Project Task etc. Otherwise if you deselect the To-Stock process type, the system will check the Account Determination Group and it will post to corresponding Set of Books ID.
KBA , to stock indicator , enter account assignment details , AP-PRP , Purchase Request Processing , How To