- Many database sessions open
- Refreshing a report in Crystal Reports for Enterprise opens many database sessions
- When refreshing a report that uses delegated measures in a cross-tab, many database sessions are open
- Crystal Reports for Enterprise 4.0
Reproducing the Issue
- In Information Design Tool, create a Universe with Delegated Measure
- In Crystal Reports for Enterprise, create a report off a Universe with Delegated Measure
- Refresh the report, and take note of number of open connection to the database
- Add a cross-tab to the report with a Delegated Measure
- Refresh the report, and notice there is a large number of open connection to the database
- When using delegated measures, Crystal Reports for Enterprise open more than one session to retrieve the summaries from the data source.
- But there is a known issues where it open more sessions than necessary. This issue has been track under ADAPT01587900
- This issue has been resolved in Patch 2.8 of Crystal Reports for Enterprise 4.0
- Note that Patch 2.8 eliminates the un-necessary open session when delegated measure is used on a report, it will not reduce the number of open session to one because depending on the objects on the report, it will requires to open sessions for the delegated measures that needs to be calculated on the database server. This is normal behavior.
CRE, Delegated Measures , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or BusinessViews Manager , Problem
SAP Crystal Reports 2011, feature pack 03