- When attempting to add a Crystal Report to a project in Visual Studio a message is displayed instead of adding a new .rpt file.
CRYSTAL REPORTS FOR VISUAL STUDIO 2010
Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2010 is a free download for adding presentation quality reports to WPF, WinForms, and ASP.Net Web Sites.
Major new features include:
- 64-bit runtime
- WPF viewer
- Enhanced embedded report designer
- Support for exporting to XLSX
Learn more and download Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2010 today.
- Windows 7 or Windows 2008 Server
- Business Intelligence Platform 4.0 .NET SDK
- Visual Studio 2010
- This behavior is by design.
- The BI Platform 4.0 .NET SDK doesn't have the Crystal Report designer hooks to create/edit reports within the Visual Studio IDE.
- This message is meant to show you where you can download a version of Crystal Reports that will allow you to add/edit reports within Visual Studio.
- If you want to use the BI Platform 4.0 .NET and edit reports in Visual Studio, you must install Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2010.
- Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2010 is a free product and you can download it from the reference page on the SDN here.
- The BI Platform 4.0 SDK (v14.x) and Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2010 (v13.x) are supported to be installed side-by-side. But, you must be careful that when you are creating an application which interfaces with a BI Platform 4.0 system you MUST use version 14.0 files.
KBA , BI-DEV-NET , BI Software Development Kits (SDKs) - .NET or Other , Problem