- Report object stored in a sessions makes the application more efficient
- Eliminates the need for postbacks when printing
- Eliminates errors such as below when printing:
A Communication error has occurred. Printing will be stopped.
- Eliminates the need for postbacks when exporting
- Eliminates the need for postbacks when paging, drilling down or other report manipulations
- Eliminates errors due to the report object being out of scope:
Object reference not set to an instance of an object
For more details see the blog Why should I store Report's object in HttpSession?
HTTPSession HTTP post back event , KBA , BI-DEV-NET-SDK , .NET SDK / COM SDK , How To