You are creating an invoice for delivered goods. However the field G/L Account is grayed out in the tab Cost Distribution for the purchase order items.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Supplier Invoicing work center.
- Go to the Invoice Entry view.
- Select the relevant purchase order and choose New Invoice.
- Choose View All.
- Go to the Items tab and then the Cost Distribution sub-tab.
- The field G/L Account is disabled.
When a Product ID or Product Category has been entered for a purchase order item, the system automatically determines the corresponding G/L Account.
In order to check which G/L Accounts are determined:
- Resolve all errors in the invoice (you can choose the Check button to know what data are missing or wrong).
- Choose Actions -> Simulate Journal Entry.
- In the Journal Entry screen, you can see which G/L Accounts are determined.
KBA , AP-SIP , Supplier Invoice Processing , How To