You have created a Purchase order and defined Over-Delivery Tolerance in it. However, system is still allowing to receive more than the Over-Delivery Tolerance.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Inbound Delivery work center.
- Go to the Purchase Orders view.
- Search for the relevant purchase order.
- Select the purchase order and choose Post Goods Receipt button.
- Enter Actual Quantity greater than Over-Delivery Tolerance limit. Choose Save and Close button. System allows to post goods receipt.
System works as designed. The reason why it is designed like this because if physically an over delivery is received then first the you receives all the goods. Afterwards, either you accept the over delivery or reject over delivery quantity and send the goods back to the supplier. In both cases, the goods receipt, goods issue and invoices must be in the system to complete the supply value chain.
Please note that system gives a warning messages that actual quantity is exceeding the tolerance range.
KBA , purchase order , over-delivery tolerance , AP-IDP , Inbound Delivery Processing , How To