"Suppress Blank Section" does not suppress Report sections which are are without Objects.
- Crystal Reports 2008
- Crystal Reports XIR2
Reproducing the Issue
- Create a Crystal Report inserting one field in the "Report Header" section.
- Refresh the report.
- Right click > "Section Expert" > check "Suppress Blank Section" checkbox for Page Header > Click on "OK" > Refresh the report.
- Page Header Section which is suppressed is still visible in the report.
This is the default behavior of the product. The option "Suppress Blank Section" only applies to the sections that have one or more report objects in them. Empty sections are always blank and can be unconditionally suppressed.
For example, a section is blank if it contains nothing but suppressed objects and database fields with null values. In order for a section to be considered blank, it has to have at least one report object in it. If the section is completely empty, the "Suppress Blank Section" option has no effect.
- Insert a field in the Page Header section of the report > Right click on the Inserted field > click on the "Common" tab > Check the "Suppress" checkbox.
- Right Click > "Section Expert" > check the "Suppress Blank Section" checkbox for Page Header section > click on "OK".
- "Page Header" section gets suppressed successfully.
Suppress Blank section, Crystal Report, not suppress , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or BusinessViews Manager , Problem